Sunday, April 23, 2017

IRB Intro Post #4 - Looking Beyond the Ivy League

Why Take Chances with Your Future?

     For my fourth and final IRB, I chose Loren Pope's Looking Beyond the Ivy League. Loren Popoe is one of America's most respected experts on the application process and has also written the book Colleges that Change Lives. This unique book focuses on how to find the college that is right for you, the reader. It offers all the information a person in the application process may need, and reassures readers that you don't have to attend an Ivy League school to be successful in life. Pope addresses twenty myths that can jinx a student's college choice, and offers steps that guide students through the application process. Her main argument is that "you'll need to successfully make a decision that will affect the rest of your life," especially with "as few as one-third of college students remaining at the same institution they entered as freshmen." My father recommended me this bookf to better educate myself on the application process. Upon his suggestion, I decided to give this book a try and found myself pleasantly surprised. 

No comments:

Post a Comment