Tuesday, February 7, 2017

IRB Intro Post #3 - Tuesdays with Morrie

     For my third IRB, I chose to read Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. As the title suggests, this book is a memoir about author Mitch Albom and the life lessons he learned from his old proffesor. 78 year old Morrie Schwartz was Albom's sociology professor back in college. Albom, currently a  newspaper sports columnist, hadn't heard from his professor until one day he received news that the Schwartz was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Album immediately goes to visit his professor, and to his surprise Morrie remembered his student. Together they recount their experience as a student-teacher, and from what I gather, the book ends with their last conversation. The entire book is a recount of the conversations between the Mitch Albom and Morrie. I am extremely excited to read this because my friend who recommended it to me has only said good things about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment